The CCU will have its monthly membership meeting this coming Friday. Please attend and bring a friend or colleague!
When: Friday, February 26, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Where: Room 5409, CUNY Graduate Center (365 Fifth Avenue at 34th Street).
There are many important topics to discuss. Among them:
– Paycheck problems that once again have affected too many people.
– CCU organizing and preparations for the March 4 Day of Action to defend public education. Menaced by budget cuts, layoffs and rising tuition, we are committed to mobilizing labor and students to defend the right to education.
– Our specific demands for the upcoming union contract negotiations. Proposed demands were posted by Coordinating Committee member Abe Walker and will be discussed at this meeting.
– The highly controversial adjunct workload waiver issue.
– HEO issues, notably vulnerability to prejudicial evaluations. How to build solidarity across CUNY between adjuncts, grad students, HEOs and others on the bottom of CUNY’s labor system.
– Your concerns, issues, proposals and ideas.
A formal proposed agenda will be posted.
Looking forward to seeing you at this Friday’s CCU meeting.
Note: The CCU website has been updated and includes many valuable organizing materials.
Among these are the CCU flier for the March 4 protest; the brochure explaining the goals and nature of the CCU; the new issue of the Advance (CCU newsletter); and the Contingent Faculty Contract Survey. They are archived in the menu bar under documents.