The monthly meeting of CUNY Contingents Unite will be held next Friday.
When: Friday, March 25, from 4:00 p.m. to approximately 5:30 p.m.
Where: Room 5414 of the CUNY Graduate Center.
There is a lot to talk about — please attend and bring a friend!
A proposed agenda will be distributed at the meeting, but points will no doubt include:
– Organizing in support of our demands. Among relevant topics here are: mobilizing contingents to attend the special PSC Delegate Assembly (March 31) which has been called to “discuss contract campaign strategy”; CCU preparations for the May 5 PSC contract campaign rally; return visits to campuses to discuss the CCU’s demands.
– Updates on the fight against layoffs.
– Wisconsin; struggles for union rights and in defense of public education; Cuomo/Bloomberg attack on teachers and public workers; new planned cuts to CUNY’s budget.
– HEO issues and rampant management bullying in the workplace.
– Preliminary report of the workgroup on the official union “contract agenda” and the CCU’s demands.
– Committee reports.
Looking forward to seeing you there!