Come to the CCU’s first Fall meeting this coming Friday!
When: Friday, August 26, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Where: CUNY Graduate Center, Room 5409.
As everyone has doubtless heard by now, there is a major threat to adjunct healthcare (for those who even have it at all). Organizing around this issue will clearly be a big topic at our meeting. Among related topics: discussion of the union’s response; our efforts to build joint action with all other PSC members committed to the fight for adjunct healthcare; and the importance of the CCU’s contract demand #3, “Comprehensive employer-paid health insurance on par with municipal workers for all contingent employees.”
A proposed agenda will be drawn up, but other topics facing us include:
– CCU plans for the Fall semester, including “organizing days” on different campuses.
– Adjunct layoffs: updates; measures against them.
– Update on defense of Ajamu Sankofa and Jill Humphries at CUNY’s Murphy Institute.
– Committee reports. Report on CCU solidarity work with the Verizon strike.
– Update on CUNY Diversity Study and related topics.
Please join us for this important meeting, and bring a friend!
Looking forward to seeing you there!