This coming Friday, CUNY Contingents Unite will hold its first meeting of the new semester.
When: Friday, January 27, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Where: CUNY Graduate Center, Room 5409.
CUNY contingent employees face big issues and challenges this year. Let’s use this first meeting of 2012 to kick off an energetic and productive offensive for the rights of us all.
A proposed agenda will be distributed, but topics will doubtless include:
– The current state of the fight for adjunct healthcare
– How to further the CCU’s position of healthcare for all contingent employees
– Possible campaign over underpayment of TAs (This topic emerged after a CCU member at Hunter brought this practice to light; see the October-November 2011 issue of the CCU Advance.)
– CCU organizing plans for the Spring semester
– Administration backlash against union teach-ins in defense of the right to protest at CUNY
– Other topics that you consider important for contingent employees at CUNY
Please plan to attend, and bring a friend!