You’re invited to attend the February meeting of CUNY Contingents Unite:
When: Friday, February 28th, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Where: Room 5489, CUNY Graduate Center (365 Fifth Avenue at 34th Street)
Key topics will doubtless include:
– Discussion on recent spate of media coverage about contingent/adjunct labor in academia
– Late pay issues
– Job security organizing efforts
– Updates on PSC contract discussions, Delegate Assembly
– HEO, TA and teaching fellow issues
– Solidarity: defense cases — update on “CUNY 6” and other activists arrested at protests against militarization of CUNY; labor activist going on trial March 6 for protesting union-busting “right to work” campaign in Pacific Northwest
– Preparing next elections to CCU Coordinating Committee
– Your issues and concerns
(a proposed agenda will be distributed at the meeting)
Please attend, and bring friends and colleagues.