Come to the September CUNY Contingents Unite meeting
When: Friday, September 25th, 4:00 p.m.
Where: Room 5489, CUNY Graduate Center (365 Fifth Avenue at 34th Street)
This first CCU meeting of the Fall semester is an important opportunity to discuss the situation of adjuncts, teaching grad students, Continuing Ed, CLIP and CUNY Start teachers, HEOs and other members of CUNY’s contingent majority.
Topics will doubtless include:
– Union contract campaign. The PSC leadership has announced “an escalating series of actions” in the contract campaign. A key discussion at the CCU meeting will be on organizing to fight for the urgent, unpostponable needs of the underpaid, overworked, disrespected, disenfranchised and messed-over contingent majority at CUNY.
– Our fight for $7K/course, job security and seniority rights- Related organizing efforts.
– HEO, TA and teaching fellow issues
– Solidarity: brief report on Seattle teachers strike; events commemorating one-year anniversary of the massacre of teachers college students in Mexico;
– Your issues and concerns(a proposed agenda will be distributed at the meeting)
Please attend, and bring friends and colleagues.